SENIOR DEVELOPER – FULL STACK
Despite good people trying hard and investing a lot into resources, information security is broken. Existing security tools are expensive, complicated, and ineffective. The bad guys are winning.
We have a product, a vision, and a team that can turn the tide. By making good security simple and affordable, we can democratize it, helping smaller organizations that have been neglected, priced-out, or, simply—failed—by existing solutions. In helping them, we help their customers, and, overall, make the Internet a safer place for everyone whose data is on the wire.
Now, to succeed in our quest, we need help from smart and driven people, like you. You’ll be joining a small team and will oversee a big chunk of the product. This will mean responsibility, and freedom; risk, and opportunity; anxiety, and exhilaration. You’ll build a lot, learn a lot, and grow a lot as an engineer and leader. The challenge is big, but so is the reward for getting this right. Are you in?
HOW YOU’LL HELP
As a Senior Developer at Blumira, you will utilize your experience to support the development efforts in the creation of new and maintenance of existing security services. Here at Blumira we build a solve problems quickly to support our customers in their Information Security goals.
- Assess and design the best way to approach solving the problems that face application development in the security industry.
- Create/maintain scalable applications leveraging data processing, parsing, queuing, and structured storage of data.
- Leverage cloud IAAS and PAAS (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services) to speed up development time and improve scalability.
- Develop proof-of-concept code for new ideas and features.
- Work with Blumira security analysts and developers to ensure the applications meet expected use-cases and quality
WHAT YOU BRING
- 4+ years of robust development experience from POC to final release product.
- Broad experience in OOP development. Blumira currently uses Python mainly but is open to knowledge in C#, Java, and other languages.
- Excellent at self-managing time, projects, and problem solving.
- Motivated individual with a strong work-ethic who enjoys writing code and developing applications.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation for the Ann Arbor area
- Meaningful equity
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a company sponsored pre-tax retirement savings program
- An ambitious and friendly team of supportive teammates
- A chance to work on novel and exciting technical problems in the InfoSec space
- A flexible work environment that supports working from home (or our Main street office!)
- Opportunity to have a huge impact as an early hire at a growing security startup