SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER
Despite good people trying hard and investing a lot into resources, information security is broken. Existing security tools are expensive, complicated, and ineffective. The bad guys are winning.
We have a product, a vision, and a team that can turn the tide. By making good security simple and affordable, we can democratize it, helping smaller organizations that have been neglected, priced-out, or, simply—failed—by existing solutions. In helping them, we help their customers, and, overall, make the Internet a safer place for everyone whose data is on the wire.
Now, to succeed in our quest, we need help from smart and driven people, like you. You’ll be joining a small team and will oversee a big chunk of the product. This will mean responsibility, and freedom; risk, and opportunity; anxiety, and exhilaration. You’ll build a lot, learn a lot, and grow a lot as an engineer and leader. The challenge is big, but so is the reward for getting this right. Are you in?
HOW YOU’LL HELP
The product and interface we are building is not your uncle’s PHP website. Our stack is modern, our systems are built with current best practices in mind, and our data pipelines are engineered using cutting-edge techniques. We use the cloud in innovative ways that allow us to scale rapidly and adapt to changing needs, while letting our IaaS provider do much of the boring work.
Although back-end data pipelines and lots of infrastructure make the gears turn, the front end is an absolutely critical component of what we’re building. Making it functional, simple, effective, and, yes, beautiful is an important and non-trivial challenge. If we get the customer experience right, our customers will love the product, embrace it, improve their security, and succeed. When they do, so will our team.
- Work with our team of back-end engineers to help build the React-based front-end using agile (but low overhead!) project management
- Collaborate with the design resources, where appropriate, to ensure uniform style and interaction across the Blumira platform
- Ship front-end code leveraging React and GraphQL that will be used by IT and information security professionals across the globe
- As we are an early-stage startup, learn a ton about a multitude of tech and have impact!
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development
- Have shipped customer-facing code successfully, which included layout, styling, and front-end functionality, e.g., binding to REST APIs
- A passion for new technologies, learning fast, and thinking critically
- Experience with OO languages, leveraging relational/non-relational DBs, and a general understanding as to how they function together
- A flexibility and willingness to try new tools, techniques, and patterns (we’re a startup :))
- Bonus points for demonstrated interest in any of the following: big data, security, CI/CD, modern container and kubernetes architecture, or Le Dog soup
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation for the Ann Arbor area
- Meaningful equity
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a company sponsored pre-tax retirement savings program
- An ambitious and friendly team of supportive teammates
- A chance to work on novel and exciting technical problems in the InfoSec space
- A flexible work environment that supports working from home (or our Main street office!)
- Opportunity to have a huge impact as an early hire at a growing security startup