SENIOR Security Architect
Despite good people trying hard and investing a lot of resources, information security is broken. Existing security tools are expensive, complicated, and ineffective. The bad guys are winning.
We have a product, a vision, and a team that can turn the tide. By making good security simple and affordable, we can democratize it, helping smaller organizations that have been neglected, priced-out, or, simply—failed—by existing solutions. In helping them, we help their customers, and, overall, make the Internet a safer place for everyone whose data is on the wire.
Now, to succeed in our quest, we need help from smart and driven people, like you. You’ll be joining a small team and will oversee a big chunk of the product. This will mean responsibility, and freedom; risk, and opportunity; anxiety, and exhilaration. You’ll build a lot, learn a lot, and grow a lot as an security professional and leader. The challenge is big, but so is the reward for getting this right. Are you in?
HOW YOU’LL HELP
As a Senior Security Architect at Blumira, you will be tasked with building, refining, and maintaining Blumira’s threat detection coverage. You will also create and maintain clear and concise remediation instructions for Blumira users.. Blumira ingests an ever-increasing number of data types that range from firewalls to AV and more. Each of those types has potential interest in the effort to detect threat and risk patterns within environments.
Ranging from designing to implementing and testing detection methodologies within Blumira, you will be actively working with the Blumira engineering team to deploy new detection techniques and response capabilities.
You will play a key role in ensuring that Blumira is appropriately mitigating threats and supporting our customers in improving their security maturity and posture.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Significant experience in building detections from the ground up in a SIEM-like environment to determine real threats and risks to organizations.
- Perform threat hunting and security research across lab and live data to develop new detections focused on actionable information for Blumira customers
- Design, test, implement, and deploy new methods of detection across vast types of devices, data, and organizations
- Develop best practices and technical guidance for threat detection and risk reduction across large varieties of technologies and scenarios
- Work with the internal development team to continuously improve on the internal SIEM of Blumira and methods for detection, analysis, and remediation
- Provide expert guidance to and support for Blumira customers who have questions about detections
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation for the Ann Arbor area
- Meaningful equity
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a company sponsored pre-tax retirement savings program
- An ambitious and friendly team of supportive teammates
- A chance to work on novel and exciting technical problems in the InfoSec space
- A flexible work environment that supports working from home (or our Main street office!)
- Opportunity to have a huge impact as an early hire at a growing security startup