We’ve been building a world class security platform that helps customers of any skill and size detect and respond to security threats without requiring security expertise. Blumira at its heart is a data ingestion, normalization, and analysis platform that we’ve built to scale.
Blumira is a funded Seed startup that has a bright future – we’re looking for someone who is excited to help support existing infrastructure, build new features, and present alternative ideas. You will work with the CTO on a regular basis and help define the direction of Blumira development on the Back-End.
As a Lead Back-End Engineer at Blumira, you will utilize your experience to develop new and improve existing software for our SaaS security product, independently and through supporting the team. At Blumira, we solve problems quickly to support our customers; you’ll need to balance a desire for correct, clean, and performant systems with the need to be agile.
- Build new and maintain existing scalable API microservices that leverage the Blumira data processing, storage, and detection mechanisms
- Support infrastructure issues with your fellow engineers and improve automation around internal issue detection and response
- Leverage cloud IaaS and PaaS to speed up development time as well as improve scalability and durability
- Develop proof-of-concept code for new ideas and features
- Help identify and reduce tech debt within the Blumira environment
- Deploy containerized applications using industry best practices on Kubernetes
- Communicate effectively, with a willingness to mentor and guide other engineers
- Help us grow the engineering team by modeling best practices and a friendly culture
Are you someone who’s excited about jumping into something cool and figuring things out without a lot of direct guidance? You’re the kind of person we’re looking for!
- Strong back-end development experience from POC to product release
- Broad experience in OOP development – Blumira mainly uses Python but other strong familiarization with other OOP languages and a willingness to learn new code is all that matters
- Experience with development and maintenance of RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker, utilizing and building images
- Motivation and a strong work-ethic – you enjoy building things that matter, getting stuff done, and helping people
- Bonus points: Love and knowledge of: Systems, DevOps, Networking, GCP, Security, Kubernetes, Data Manipulation, Lots of Data, Message Queues, and/or Databases
What We Offer
- An opportunity to help build and scale the Ann Arbor tech security scene
- An opportunity to learn and grow within the Blumira environment
- The ability to make a big impact in Blumira development organization
- A team that embraces who you are
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a company sponsored pre-tax retirement savings program